Blast shatters wedding plans


DUNGUN: They were supposed to tie the knot in December, but their plans have been shattered when Mohd Rosli Mansor died in an explosion at a Petronas gas processing plant in the GPP Complex A in Kerteh.

The couple had even bought the wedding gown, but Umi Nurul Aeisyatun Jaafar could only now keep it as a reminder of what could have been.

The 22-year-old said she and Mohd Rosli were engaged on 11.11.11 and planned to get married on 12.12.12.

“The plans were fantastic – two beautiful dates,” she said.

“We have known each other for five years and loved each other dearly. I never thought I would lose him this close to our wedding,” she said in between sobs.

Mohd Rosli, 31, was the sole fatality in Thursday’s 3pm incident. Twenty-three others were injured.

Umi Nurul said she last saw her fiancé two weeks ago but as she was busy with work at a restaurant, they did not get to talk much.

“Our last conversation ended in an argument via text messages. I regret it now.

“I wish I could have more time with him. I can’t believe he is gone,” she added.

Mohd Afendi Yahya, 32, said he was fortunate to be alive as he was barely a metre from the bay hole of the plant where the blast originated.

“I heard a loud hissing sound, much like a gas leak.,” he said.

“After a few seconds I heard a blast and I was flung from the bayhole. I was lucky to escape with only minor burns,” he added.

He said he only learnt of his friend’s death an hour after the incident.

“I knew someone had died but I never expected it to be Mohd Rosli.

“He was a kind and a very good friend.”

Petronas Gas Berhad (PGB) in a statement said the incident did not affect the operation of other GPP units within both Complex A and Complex B.

“There is no interruption to the gas supply to the Peninsular Gas Utilisation pipeline network. PGB, however, regrets to inform that a number of personnel of Hyundai-PFCE Consortium, which is the contractor engaged to undertake maintenance works at GPP 3, were affected by the incident,” it said.

The statement also stated that two personnel – Mohd Fitri Mat Noor and Khairul Amir Mohd Sidi – were still warded while the other affected personnel received outpatient treatment.


About akarimomar

Bukit Besar, Lorong Mok Pe, Jalan Wireless, Kuala Terengganu Ampang, Selangor SSPS1 1965-1969 SMSSKT 1970-1976 UPM 1977-1981 SIUC 1982-1984 UIS 1985-1987
This entry was posted in Berita, Kemalangan, Bencana & Petaka. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s